Atlanta native, Reginald Vaughn Finley, Sr. (born in 1974) is a Science Educator, Critical Thinking Educator, Consumer Health Advocate and an Evidence-Based Genealogist.
I have conducted research and surveys on GMO Golden Rice, Natural Cancer Treatments, Popular Supplements, Biological Evolution, Polar Bear Adaptation and more..
Please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. I am available for lectures, discussions, debates, and media appearances.
> Ed.D. STEM Education, 2021
> M.Sc. Biological Sciences, 2016
> M.Ed. Science and The Public, 2013
> B.Sc. Human Development, 2011
> A.A. Liberal Arts, 2014
> CFI Certificate – Science and The Public
> Certificate – Human Biomedical Research
> Certificate – Research Ethics
> Biology Professor– 2018
> Online Biology Professor – 2018
> AP Chemistry Teacher – 2018-2019
> Science Chair, Advanced Sciences Educator – 2016-2018
> Biology Instructor, 2015-2016
> Osteological Sciences Educator, 2015
> Physical Science Educator, 2012-2014
> Toxicological Technician, 2012
Latest VBLOG POSTS
Most Recent Blog Posts
- Joining the staff at Valencia College - Hello readers, I have been offered the position of adjunct biology professor with Valencia college. This is an exciting opportunity. I am currently working towards my associate professorship which should be complete by next year. After I earn my doctorate, I will push for full-time opportunities. http://frontdoor.valenciacollege.edu/faculty.cfm?uid=rfinley1
- Back in School and other things - Hey ya’ll, Well, I’m currently back in school earning my Doctorate in Education with a focus in STEM Education Leadership. My ancillary focus will be in evolution and climate change education. I am paying my way through school so I am working hard on this multiple income stream thing I have heard so much about.… Continue reading Back in School and other things
- Vegan and Cruelty Free? - I recorded a video about the concept of cruelty free and veganism. Not all of my thoughts were in this video and I hope to do a part II. I have a lot on my plate today but I wanted to get a video out there about it as it’s a very hot topic right… Continue reading Vegan and Cruelty Free?
- 12% of Americans aren’t sure if the Earth is round. - A new study by Yougov was released in which 8215 American adult respondents answered that they either doubt or are not sure whether the Earth is round. WTH?! There was a relationship between how religious someone was and their denial of a round Earth.
- We Are All Cousins! - Originally Posted at: familyoriginstree.com reposted at: amazinglife.bio Updated: 04/06/2018 Did you know that we are all related? Yes, we are all family. The human genome project has revealed to us long ago that there are no genetically distinct and pure groups of humans. We are all cousins. The Tree of Life The concept of The Tree of Life, in many… Continue reading We Are All Cousins!
“I am afraid that we are failing ourselves and our collective future. We need a society that encourages rational thought, critical thinking, intellectual honesty, humanism, freethought, scientific thinking, honesty, courage, and the freedom to question. In our schools, we need passionate educators that love their fields and who know how to impart that passion onto others. Teachers passing content knowledge exams and achieving high student test scores will not fix: our unsupported biases, our dichotomous political system, our religious and cultural intolerances, our greed, the celebration and perpetuation of violence, a rising anti-intellectualism, the constant fake news, and our gleeful and purposeful ignorances. To move toward a more enlightened world, we must continue to reach out through civic passion, patience, purposeful listening and understanding, self-reflective honesty, and we must produce truly decent and intelligent citizens for our youth to model. As educators, parents, and concerned citizens, we can begin by placing a foot on the right path, by at least modifying our curriculum in all fields, in ways which help to drive aspects of what we wish our society to eventually become. In time, hopefully we can produce a world that is far better off than where we are now. With conscientious effort, we can avert this idiocratic dark age that we appear to be spiraling into. It begins, with you.” – Reginald V. Finley Sr
What is Critical Thinking?
My favorite video about Critical Thinking by Qualia Soup:
Society for Science & The Public |National Center for Science Education | Teacher’s Institute for Evolutionary Science | National Science Teachers Association | American Institute of Biological Sciences | Delta Kappa Pi